Past Conference: International Social Work and Violence Prevention Conference
Past Conference: June 29, 2015 (8:00 am-4:30 pm)
at Milton Marks Conference Center located at 455 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, CA, USA. Conference site is accessible by public transportation. Parking facilities are available nearby.
“East Meets West: Serving Asian Clients with Cultural Humility while Implementing Innovative Strategies related to Social Work and Violence Prevention based on Research, Practice and Policy”
Hosted by: California State University, East Bay (Department of Social Work),
the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Asians Against Violence of the Asian Alliance For Health,
and Chinese Community Health Resource Center
Join us for a day of educational training with highlighted topics on:
- Cultural considerations in domestic violence prevention and social service delivery
- Adverse experience impact on children’s mental and physical health
- Youth perspectives on gender-based violence
- Trauma-informed counseling and community healing strategies
- Innovative strategies in social work
- Lesson learned in working with Chinese immigrant families experiencing domestic violence
Continuing Education Credits:
- MFTs, LPCCs, LCSWs, and Psychologists- provided by Richmond Area Multi-Services
- RNs- provided by Chinese Hospital
Conference Registration Fee:
The conference registration fee is $50 USD, which includes continental breakfast and lunch. All presenters are required to register for the conference. Technical equipment such as laptop, projector and screen will be provided free of charge. Travel and lodging expenses will be the responsibility of the presenter.
To register, please select number of registration below, click on "Add to Cart" and then proceed to checkout. Please also make sure the browser cookie is "enabled".